The Church of St Mary Magdalene Huntshaw was built in the early 14th century and it has retained original features including a stained glass window in the chancel. The nave was rebuilt and the west tower added c. 1499. The wagon ceiling is thought to date from that period. The church was restored in 1862.
St. Mary Magdalene is the parish church of Huntshaw serving and united with our community. We are working towards becoming a festival church. The church is part of the Two Rivers Mission Community of 11 Anglican parishes situated between two rivers, the Taw and the Torridge. All 11 churches host regular worship for their individual congregations, but as a Mission Community it shares one vision, based closely on Bishop Robert Atwell’s vision for the Diocese of Exeter.
For details of church services and these events please visit
See also www.exeter.anglican.org
Parochial Church Council
Chair: Rev. Gary Owen
Church Warden: Audrey Alimo
Treasurer: Lesley Wall
Sidespersons: Tim Overton and Jenny Staines
Listing Details -
IoE Number: 91426
Location: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE,HUNTSHAW, TORRIDGE, DEVON
Date listed: 04 October 1960
Date of last amendment: 19 October 1988
HUNTSHAW SS52SW 8/109